Friday, December 11, 2009

New FSS for my Mother's Birthday

I was struggling with coming up with an idea for the card to make for my Mother's Birthday next Monday. Well when I saw Tracey's (Fred, She Said), I knew right away this was what I was going to use for my Mother's card! The image is just SO perfect!

The red paper is actually the Green paper from FSS - Christmas Papers 1 - 2009, just recolored. ;-) The punch along the edge is a Martha Stewart Punch. The black paper is a strip of Core'dinations Black Magic paper that has been run through the CB Snowflake embossing folder, then sanded with an emery board. The green paper behind the roses is a Pearl Cardstock that has been cut with the Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities, then run through the CB Textile embossing folder. I dabbed a bit of Chianti Color Box ink onto the raised portions of the embossing. The glitter on the Christmas Rose Coloured & Digi Sets is done with Aleene's Tack-it Over and Over and Martha Stewart glitter in Green. The ribbon is from my stash.
I just had to show you this Celtic Snowflake that I tatted for my Mother as well. The pattern is by Mark Myers and I did it in size 10 thread because the beads I wanted to use were 4mm. The beads are actually Arora Borealis Pearls, but they are difficult to photograph. :-( The finished snowflake is about 5.5" accross

2 comments:

  1. oooh, your card is lovely...but that tatted snowflake is STUNNING! ....does your talent never end?! That is SO gorgeous! I was going to learn needle tatting....and have my Great-Gma's tatting stuff...but alas....other than a few tiny flowers and butterflies I never got far! WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and gorgeous snowflake! My MIL tats these beautiful cross bookmarks. I admire anyone who does this intricate craft~

    ReplyDelete