Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fred She Said and Mosaic Punching

One of the ladies from Cicle of Crafters posted directions for using the Mosaic Punches and I finally managed to get one figured out! A bit more math involved than I normally like when making a card, but I really DO like the finished effect! lol I did my punching on plain white cardstock, then taped off the punched area and sponged the rest of the cardstock with 2 different colors of blue pearl and a white pearl acrylic paint, added a bit of bling to the punched areas and layered it on top of some textured blue metallic cardstock. I also layered a piece of vellum that had been embossed with the Snowflake CB folder in the center of the punched area. I used some metallic chalks on the vellum piece.




















For the main image on the card, I used Fred She Said's
Emma the Snow Angel - Digi which I printed out on Water Color paper. Emma is colored with markers. Some of the coloring is done with a brush and watered down marker though. I colored the marker on a Ceramic Tile, and used a paint brush to add water and then paint where I wanted the diluted colors.
I used a different kind of glue this time for the glitter and I have to say I'm not very happy with it. I will be going back to the Aleene's as I really like the results I get with that much more than this one!

3 comments:

  1. Great mosaic tile card! I think I need one of these punches ;)

    Hugs, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....looks putzy...but it's really fun!! Love the look you got with the mosaic punching!!

    ReplyDelete