Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring is Really Here! Yeah!

I'm getting a bit of a slow start going this month.  Sorry about that...sigh. 
I am still in Spring Mode, even though the Weatherman is calling for some of the OTHER nasty 4 letter word over the next few days! :-O  Doesn't he know that it is April and that it is April SHOWERS that bring May Flowers, not that other stuff?  lol
Today's card is made using Spring Flowers with Bonus PP Frame by Fred She Said.  The Blue and Yellow papers it is matted on are some sampled of Hand Made Papers that I have.  All the shapes were cut with the Nestabilities Labels 1 die.
I know some people have said they have problems with getting the Paper Pricking and the image centered right, so I thought I'd share with you a little "trick" I have discovered.  Now, this ONLY works if you are doing Paper Pricking, not Stitching.  It makes the holes larger, which you do not want for Stitching!  If your Paper Pricking pattern is printed out on the Front side, don't worry about it...there is a way to make that work for you without a total headache!  Go ahead and Prick the pattern, from Front to Back.  You don't have to prick the pattern all the way through, just make sure that you "break" the paper with your tool.  After you have done the whole pattern, turn the piece over and use a Spoon or other smooth tool and Flatten all the little holes back up.  (yes, really!)  Now, with your work still facing Down, Prick the pattern again...this time fully!  Go ahead and peek...you will see that all the little ridges are now in the Front!  Might take you twice as long to prick it, but Oh, the headache you save yourself trying to center something from the back!
Ok, now on to the coloring of my card....
I cut out an extra frame so I had a Mask and then used Sky Blue on the inside around the Daffodil.  Added just a touch of Heliotrope to just the corners.  Then I used Lime and Green on the outside portion, highlighing the pricking on this section with the Green.  All the inks used were Color Box Inks.  I used some Metallic Chalks (verrrry old...sorry, no longer available) to highlight the pricking on the inside, then went around the frame with a Gold Marker.  The Daffodill is then colored with Prismacolor Color Pencils and Dry Blended.  This is then layered on the card with some foam pads for more dimension.  Peel-offs and some 1/2 pearls added to the corners of the inside frame and the peel-offs finish of this card.



















Here is a Closeup of the Detail on the Paper Pricking.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty Carol...of course, you know I LOVE all that green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a Spring card Carol. I love it. I do hope the **** stays away for you.

    x Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Spring card Carol and i too love the colour.

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, Carol! Our daffodils are finally up this week... what a happy flower.. now I am seeing tulips... spring is finally here! woohoo

    ReplyDelete