Wednesday, March 10, 2010

FSS Mother's Day Card

Well, some of you will know that my OH's opinion of my cards (and most anyone else's for that matter) is that "They are cards" and he usually just prints any HE needs off the computer from one of his Cardmaking Programs.  Well, I never cease to ask if he wants me to make him Special Cards anyways.  Well, yesterday I asked if he wanted me to make a Mother's Day card for his Mother.  Got the shock of my life when, not only did he say Sure, but picked out the specific design and backing papers he wanted me to use! :-O
The image he chose is a Fred She Said image called DAFFODIL CARDFRONT KIT 1.  I used the pricking pattern that comes with the set and stitched it with Variegated Blue and Yellow machine embroidery threads.  I printed out just the Daffodill from one of the sheets for this card and layered the bits with foam tape.  The border is colored with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and then blended with Baby Oils in my version of the Gamsol Technique.  The backing papers are from my first Backing Paper CD.  The sentiment is computer generated.

5 comments:

  1. Very attractive card and I do hope your OH liked it. I am sure his Mother will.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful card Carol. I love that sheet from FSS. I'm sure your OH and his mother will be thrilled with it.

    x Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am sure your OH is more than pleased with it and i am sure his mum will love it too.
    A lovely Mother's Day card Carol.

    Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Good thing I was sitting down to read this blog entry! Your OH actually helped pick out stuff for a card!? Miracles do happen! hehehehehehehehe Anyway, it is a beautiful card, and I'm sure his Mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh stitching! Gotta like when your man gets involved in your card making! My DH has a good eye and usually catches stuff I miss in my illustrations.

    ReplyDelete