Friday, November 15, 2013

So busy knitting!

Oh wow!  I can't believe that it has been more than a year since my last post! :-O  Life sure gets in the way of making regular posts here like I started out doing.  This year hasn't been an easy one for me.  The end result is that I will be moving (soon, I hope) to a small apartment.  The one really good thing about that is that I will have no more maintenance, snow shoveling, grass mowing, etc...lol  It will be me, alone, in my  new apartment.  I'm also looking forward to only having to clean up after myself...lol  SO, those of you who have my snail mail address may want to send me an email to give me a nudge to let you know what my new addy is...you know who you are!

On to the real reason for my post though.  I've been on a yarn kick lately.  It started out making Car Seat Blankies, went on to making hat & mitten sets for babies and has graduated to designing my own hats in knit and afghan stitch.  I'm have an absolute blast!  If any of you are knitters and are looking for gifts for babies, check out this hat pattern.

0-3 months, 3-6 months & 6-12 months, 3 styles
These hats lead to this next hat.  This hat is for adults (head circumference 21-23") and combines a scarf with the hat for a very fun hat to wear when it is cold outside.
Scarf Tail is 45" long
I'm having SO much fun designing these hats!  I'm working on another adult hat with a variation and a set for babies that has a jacket, bib pants and adorable hat.  So much yarn and so little time!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Carol...I was wondering what you were up to! Sorry? to hear about your life change...but only if you're sorry! I'm glad for you if you're glad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea, a tail that becomes a scarf!

    ReplyDelete